Sunday, January 30, 2011

Snowmageddon 2011

If you know me at all, you know I am the go to girl for weather.  I have had my friends call  me and ask me "whats the weather supposed to be like this weekend, we didn't get a chance to watch." I'm always watching the weather on a local channel or tuned into The Weather Channel and have 2 different weather apps on my phone. I'm obsessed.
On December 31st, 2010 there was a tornado outbreak here in the Mississippi River Valley and I could not be pulled away from my computer or T.V. I was like a kid on Christmas morning.  Now, they're calling for a historic snow storm for 29 states.  Missouri and Illinois are the bullseye for this massive low pressure system coming up from the southwest.  I can seriously, hardly contain my excitement.   The thing everyone is agreeing to; take the Blizzard from 1982
offramp.gif

and the ice storm of 2006















and combine them into one.  That is what in the forecast for us Monday-Wednesday.   For the purpose of remembering, I took a picture of our SUV outside today.  I will update with a new picture after it's all said and done


5 comments:

  1. oh boy, im excited!!!! Love the fact that you are posting about this because I got on facebook today and asked you that question and i got no response, but this was even better than a response on facebook.... it has pictures and more information that i expected! AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmmm I wonder if the storm is supposed to hit CO? I never pay attention to the weather. I probably should...

    A random tid bit from me: I took a weather course in college - my last semester - and BEGGED for a D- instead of my failing grade so I could graduate.... and I totally got it. I HATED that class (more the professor) and was always so confused/lost. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. eh....i am ready for spring already! No more snow! I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that the weather guys/girls are wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha, when i was reading it i thought this reads like a weather report story!

    ReplyDelete