Friday, February 18, 2011

Transitioning

We've decided to make the transition from the swing into the crib.  Well, we never really decided, we actually had no choice.  We walked into this yesterday
this also happened to be her first time rolling over....figures

People  have been telling us to just lose the swaddle and buckle her in, well she won't sleep w/o the swaddle and even while there is a slit in the back of a swaddle to buckle her in, there would be no way she would put herself to sleep in the swing w/o us.  
Yes we rock her to sleep....accidental parenting.  

So, as of 9:15am on Friday the 18th of February, Cecelia started sleeping in her crib.  It is currently 9:50am and this is what I'm seeing

I'm seriously impressed

Now, lets not get ahead of ourselves, here.  This is ONE nap.  We still have THREE more naps to get through, and then bed time....holy crap.

I should also add, we're doing all of this without Cry It Out.  Yes, it works for some people, but its not for me or her.  

So here we are, now almost 45 min into sleepy time in the crib and I wonder...why didn't I try this before?





5 comments:

  1. I think we're going to have to try to make the transition too..... I don't want to. C has been having a hard time sleeping unless he's laying next to me in bed (btw, I never wanted to be a bed sharing mama... ) or on the couch, I can't imagine how our transition will go...

    Yay Cece! Big girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Accidental parenting? Rocking your baby to sleep is a pleasure that you will miss when she outgrows it! Trust me - do all the rocking you can!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its an actual term- I was just referring to the definition. We actually didn't rock her to sleep for her naps and she has slept better than way then when we rocked her

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a stinker! LOL ... personally, I don't think it's possible to spoil a baby. Enjoy rocking her, cuddling her and holding her! Soon she'll be 3 years old and you won't be able to keep her in your arms for anything because she's so active (such is the case with our son)

    ReplyDelete